Preamble Tasting October 1999
The Concorde Wine Flight
1. Con Class Especial Blue Label Rueda, Spain, 1998
A blend of Viura, Verdejo and Sauvignonm Blanc. refreshing, very good
2. Huia Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 1998
A bit overripe but still had background acidity.
3. Viognier, Vin de Pays d'Oc, Domaine des Lauriers, 1998
Very good flavour and acidity. Great value.
4. Rex Hill Kings Ridge Oregon Pinot Noir, USA, 1995
Pleasant fruity pinot at reasonable price
5. Carchelo Agapito Rico, Jumilla, 1998
Considerable amount of Mourvedre, Tempranillo and Merlot. For early drinking.
Good lunchtime wine.
6. Chateau Gres St. Paul 1997
Light cherry red. Lovely nose. Stern, some mid-palate bitterness. Good
grip, smooth, fruity, soft tannins. A little black pepper. From Languedoc,
this is Syrah with a dash of Mourvedre.
7. Rasteau Cotes du Rhone Village Domain St. Gayan, 1997
Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre. Lovely, deep, flavoursome wine. 14%. Bargain.
8. Alamos Ridge Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina, 1996
Lovely smooth Malbec and Mr. Bruno Prats of Cos d'Estournel is involved
in its production.
9. Zenato Valpolicella Superiore Ripassa 1996
A gorgeous deep red. Bit closed up. Lovely, big, fruity. Less amaro
than expected, good tannins. Very good example of Ripasso.
10. Condado de Haza, Alejandro Fernandez, Ribera del Duero, 1996
10% Tempranillo, Mighty. Needs a few years to develop.Buy and keep.
11. Ramos-Pinto Urtiga Vintage Character Port
Single Quinta vinrage quality port. Very nice.